Wednesday, December 4, 2013

question at what point do you see yourself resisting the book? why?

In the book, or comic book; V for Vendetta by Alan Moore, I found myself resisting the story plot when V sends Evey through the journey he went through. This part of the book sent chills down my spine because the journey is just horrific. I think it shows that as a person im not used to seeing such cruel treatment, or such vile behavior.

In his journey V, is locked in a cell as a test subject and is tortured. He is water boarded, beaten and even used as a test subject. When Evey asks him to help save her he makes her go through this treatment. The vile treatment is so horrible that Evey, without knowledge that it is V torturing her, is about to give his location, until she receives a letter from another cellmate, telling her to stay strong and to carry on.  This was such a cruel thing to do that I truly wished to put the book down. It was both to graphic and to intense. what made me continue reading was the strength i saw in evey. It carried through the gruesome scene and to something more romantic in the story. While V was imprisoned he escaped in a fire and completley burned his skin off. For Eveys escape he just opens her cell door and lets her figure things out on her own. This shows how even V someone with such a strong wish for change has limits.

All in all it shows how something like this is sudden and startling for me. i think this because as a US citizen in the 21 century such cruelty is uncommon and it shows us that we are lucky for this. I hope that I stay like this for the rest of my life and that never will something so gruesome not affect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment